Problems

May 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Hi,
My name is Daniel Mateos and I am enrolled in a European Project, Monitoring Mediterranean Marine Protected Areas. I am very interested in apply this tool for the project and PhD but I have problems with the watershed delineation and runnig the tools. Is the tool even working?. Also, I want to know If there are future available trainings because I will spend August in Washington DC.

Thanks,
Dani
Developer
May 27, 2014 at 5:31 PM
The current version hasn't been changed for a while, but I anticipate it would work as designed.
Coordinator
May 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Hi Daniel,

Yes this should work. There is actually a newer version that hasn't been released on this site yet, but you can access it at the NOAA OpenNSPECT site: http://csc.noaa.gov/nspect. Go to the Get it Now tab. I'll post that version as a release here shortly. You can also find more support documentation on that site.

Please note that all OpenNSPECT versions only run on the 32-bit version of MapWindow, so be sure you are using that. Even if you have a 64-bit machine, you should use the 32-bit MapWindow. I recommend the last beta release 4.8.8, which is on Codeplex, but is also linked from the NOAA site.

As for training, we hold online training quarterly. Our next one will be in June, but will be in the afternoon East Coast US time, so may be inconvenient for your time zone. However, I will send you an email from my work account at NOAA so we can discuss getting you trained.

Pleases try the new version and make sure you are using the 32-bit MapWindow and then let me know if you still have trouble, or even if you don't!

Cheers,
Dave
May 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Hi,
Thank you very much for your fast reply. After follow the steps I got this problem.

OpenNSPECT (3/12/2014)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\NSPECT\wsdelin\ads\stream.prj'.
File name: 'C:\NSPECT\wsdelin\ads\stream.prj'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at OpenNspect.NewWatershedDelineationForm.DelineateWatershed(Grid& pSurfaceDatasetIn, String OutPath)

In the previosus version I had problems with "TauDem" but It looks that this time is different. Can you help me in that?

For the training, there is no problem the time. I am very interested in the application so I will be awake! In any case, I will appreciate you work account at NOAA and we can keep in contact. Please let me know any new about the training (dates, timetable, etc).

Thank you very much,
Dani
Developer
May 28, 2014 at 10:50 PM
If you look in 'C:\NSPECT\' what do you find?
May 29, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Thanks mudnug,

I find...
5 files folders : coefficients, help, HI_Sample_Data, metadata, projects,workspace,wsdelin. And 3 files: nspect, unins000, unins000.

Dani
Developer
May 29, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Since the wsdelin folder is in there, can you check it for \ads\stream.prj?
May 29, 2014 at 3:27 PM
There is not stream.prj
Developer
May 29, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Ok. Perhaps Dave will be able to direct you in loading a different file.
May 29, 2014 at 3:37 PM
OK. I will wait for him. Thanks
Coordinator
Jun 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Hi Dani,

The streams.prj file is just the projection file for your streams layer. OpenNSPECT produces it for you to look at, but it is not used in any analysis. If you have your DEM TIF file or the basinpoly.shp shapefile opened first (both of which should have a correct projection) then you will probably get an option to assign the streams.shp file a projection based on the current project projection. Do that. It is a quick way to assign a projection. Alternately, you can use the Assign Projection tool to directly assign the streams.shp shapefile the correct projection.

We will be having an OpenNSPECT training on June 19th, at 2 - 5 PM Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4), so maybe it won't be too late for you.

Please contact me directly at dave.eslinger@noaa.gov for additional information and for a link for registration.

Cheers,
Dave
Sep 1, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Hi all,

I have all the layers ready for run the model BUT the K-factor... The K factor is a raster file from the European Union with really good resolution. How can I integrate the raster? I want to avoid the conversion from K-factor to soils.shp. In the case that I need to....what would be the best way?

Thanks,
Dani